WAKE UP YOUR BRAIN WITH BRAIN GYM & MOVE YOUR BODY TO INTEGRATE YOUR MIND
You are born with your whole brain working together in sync. Stress and the tensions of everyday living and learning can disintegrate this perfect system.
What’s Brain Gym?
Brain Gym® is a series of simple, quick and fun activities that includes movements and balances which activate and integrate the whole mind-body system for greater productivity, enhanced learning and performance, and above all for greater well-being. Brain Gym identifies the states that create frustration and failure. It re-educates the mind-body system to function in a more integrated whole-brain manner which supports and enhances your efforts to achieve a specific goal.
- You become more creative in your thoughts and ideas.
- You become emotionally more balanced.
- You take action with enthusiasm and high levels of motivation.
In these sessions, I teach simple daily life activities with music.
What is an EduK/ Brain Gym® integration session?
EduK means drawing out learning through movement.
A Brain Gym®/EduK session is a process called a balance. A balance is done to accomplish a goal, for instance to develop and improve the ability to concentrate or to improve balance, integration, posture or movement. A balance will include Brain Gym® movements and other activities applied in a definite way. In the balance process, focus is on improving learning and performance to our best ability by integrating the senses, reflexes, muscles and left and right brain function (whole brain learning). We focus on goals like: “I understand everything I read; I easily concentrate and quickly finish my work; I cooperate with my teacher in class; I play with my friends peacefully” etc.
Children and adults with non-integrated senses, reflexes, muscles and brain dimensions are limited to brain stem reactions, and they often have difficulties with dealing with stress, comprehension, creativity, focus or concentration, following directions and instructions, coordination, abstract reasoning, memory, crossing the midline, posture, handwriting, expressing ideas on paper, and others.
Each individual session is usually a 5 step process.
- I first teach how to get into PACE. By pacing ourselves we set aside the cares of the past, the worries of the future and prepare ourselves to live and learn in the present moment. Everyone has a unique rhythm and timing – a self-indicated pace – for optimal learning. In Edu-K, the acronym PACE stands for the four learning-readiness qualities. In the PACE process, we start with the ‘E’ (for the quality ‘Energetic’) and work in backward sequence (ECAP) as each of the four activities prepares us to do the next. Finding our PACE gives us access to the integrated high-gear and integrated low-gear learning states of doing our best. PACE: 4 simple activities that stand for Positive, Active, Clear and Energetic states of the Body and mind. which get you ready to balance and to integrate new learning. We do these activities with music. It is a fun way to shift energetically and to balance the mind/body system.
- After PACE, the client sets out a goal to achieve and I facilitate the client to achieve and integrate the goal.
- Then, 3- & 5- there is a role play of the goal and a noticing process of the changes before and after the learning menu: 4th step of the balance. We do quick checks and in-depth checks to switch on the dimensions of intelligence that are switched off, especially under stress, which keeps us in stuck states, (such as Laterality/Communication, Centering/Organization, Comprehension/Focus, Motivation, Body Regulators, Breathing, Cranial). If 1 or more of these dimensions is/are switched off, it is difficult to achieve a specific goal or to be in whole brain learning.
- the Learning Menu. To finish the balance, we anchor the goal, which is the integration of the goal, there might be a future anchor movement to keep the goal well integrated especially under stress, and sometimes integration time is needed for the body/mind to process the new information.
For more information go to Brain Gym South Africa: http://www.braingyminsa.co.za/
Brain Gym International: www.braingym.org